HTML Table Extracting

Thank You So Much
Thanks It’s Working.
I have a new problem i want to read HTML file data in knime.
The HTML File is containing Table of some data and i want to read the data of HTML file in Excel.
Can you please Help me.
I am also attaching my workflow to you.

HTML_READER_Want_to_open_in_Excel_file.knwf (41.7 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for giving me your great time…
Thanks Again

1 Like

Please start a new topic for each of your problems, than they are easier to be tracked. I moved your posts into a new thread.

2 Likes

Hey @Iris it looks like in the end @mythxAHIR created another thread for this:

I think we can close this one here.

Hii All,
Good Afternoon,
I need your help in one problem i am trying to open HTML file data in KNIME and want to perform some task on it i need Help.
I am also submitting my workflow please help me i am a newbie in KNIME.
HTML_READER_Want_to_open_in_Excel_file.knwf (30.4 KB)

Your workflow does not have the html preloaded so it’s difficult to see what you’re doing and what the data looks like.

Here is the screenshot of my html file

hi @mythxAHIR ,
this result is a “proxy”, I know, but you only have to type in some headings and format number cells in order to complete it

Here’s the workflow

( I’m sorry to tell you, but all the strings are perfectly visible in your workflow - and in mine)

Hope it helps
HTML_READER_Want_to_open_in_Excel_file.knwf (30.3 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks Buddy.
It’s working.
Thanks for help.

It’s Working but want to know about your some code can you explain me.

1).Regex Extractor
^(\d+) ([A-Z 0-9]+?) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+).*$

2). String Manipulation
strip(regexReplace($row$, “[\u202F\u00A0]+”," "))

Can you please explain me both line.

1. this pattern matches a data row:
    (\d+) = a group of one or more digits
    ([A-Z 0-9]+?) = a group of blanks or alpha chars or digits

In the context of the “Regex Extractor” this pattern captures exactly 10 groups of data. If you just want to match a data row, as in the “Rule-based Row Splitter” node, you can use a simpler pattern: “^\d{8}.*?( \d+){8}$” = 8 digits followed by zero or more chars followed by 8 groups consisting in one space and one or more digits each

1. XPath returns strings encoded in utf8 and filled with non-breaking spaces, which cannot be easily removed or replaced. The pattern “[\u202F\u00A0]” matches two kinds of unicode non-breaking spaces and the regex replaces every group of them with a single space. “strip” removes trailing and leading spaces, so in the end we have a string with no repeating spaces

As an alternative to this strategy, you could use a “Cell Splitter by Position” node, at least on the data rows, but it’s really boring

4 Likes

Thanks.
Buddy it helped me a lot.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.