HttpRetriever + Headers

Hello! Is it possible to get some additional documentation regarding how headers would be passed to the HttpRetriever node? Currently I have them stored as columns with the header type, with the value as a cell below, and have also tried passing complete strings. 

I'm working through using the Palladian nodes to simulate cURL to complete OAuth authentication for an API. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hi cdatwood,

Currently I have them stored as columns with the header type, with the value as a cell below, […]

This is perfectly correct. Add a column for each header you want to send, name the column accordingly and pass the header value as column value. In the HttpRetriever node configuration (attention: do not use the deprecated node, as this one does not support headers), go to the "Headers" section and select the columns which you want to send as HTTP headers (move them from the red left column to the green column on the right).

If you're still encountering issues, can you provide the cURL command line you want to execute? Then I can give you more detailed advice.

Best,
Philipp

PS: I agree that some more documentation would make things more clear, I'll try to improve the correspondig webpage soon.

PPS: We have an OAuth utility in the Palladian toolkit, which helps creating OAuth-signed requests. However it's currently not available as node. Would you be willing to beta-test if I can manage to provide a node?

I would absolutely be willing to beta test such a utility. I'll shoot you a note and we can connect further via email! - C

PS thank you for the confirmation of how to input the headers! It works! - C

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.