I cannot set up the Databricks connection

Hi there,

I am unable to connect to Databricks.
When starting KNIME A. P. I getting the following messages:

WARN DBTypeRegistry Uninstantiable default attribute definition supplier for the database type of ID databricks in extension:org.knime.bigdata.databricks
ERROR PortTypeRegistry Could not create port object serializer for ‘org.knime.bigdata.filehandling.knox.util.KnoxHdfsConnectionInformationPortObject’ from plug-in ‘org.knime.bigdata.filehandling.knox’: Plug-in org.knime.bigdata.filehandling.knox was unable to load class org.knime.bigdata.filehandling.knox.util.KnoxHdfsConnectionInformationPortObject$Serializer.
ERROR SparkProviderRegistry Problems during initialization of Spark provider with id ‘org.knime.bigdata.spark.core.databricks.DatabricksNodeFactoryProvider’. Exception: Plug-in org.knime.bigdata.databricks was unable to load class org.knime.bigdata.spark.core.databricks.DatabricksNodeFactoryProvider.
ERROR SparkProviderRegistry Extension org.knime.bigdata.databricks ignored.
WARN MoePreferencePage Path to MOE not set in Preferences. Please check!
ERROR RepositoryManager Node ‘org.knime.bigdata.dbfs.node.connector.DBFSConnectionInformationNodeFactory’ from plugin ‘org.knime.bigdata.databricks’ could not be created. The corresponding plugin bundle could not be activated!
ERROR RepositoryManager Node ‘org.knime.bigdata.dbfs.filehandling.node.DbfsConnectorNodeFactory’ from plugin ‘org.knime.bigdata.databricks’ could not be created. The corresponding plugin bundle could not be activated!
ERROR RepositoryManager Node ‘org.knime.bigdata.filehandling.knox.node.connector.KnoxHDFSConnectionNodeFactory’ from plugin ‘org.knime.bigdata.filehandling.knox’ could not be created. The corresponding plugin bundle could not be activated!

I have uninstalled and resinstalled the Big data extension a number of times. I tried to install the Databricks JDBC driver, but in Pref > KNIME > databases > Add… , there is no Databricks type.

Could you advise?

Thanks,
ribizli

This is the version I am using: KNIME 4.5.2
My OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Anybody, any help, please?

@ribizli,

I apologize for the late response and hope you have found a solution already. However if you have not, I am following the documentation for integrating with DataBricks here (KNIME Databricks Integration User Guide). It seems like the extension that should be installed is (KNIME Databricks Integration – KNIME Hub). After installing and restart please check the dropdown to see if Databricks has been added.

Secondly it seems that if this issue persists a backup option would be to use the Apache Hive JDBC Driver according to (KNIME Database Extension Guide).

Even though late, I hope this helps!
Regards,
Ryan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.