I installed KNIME and it load but the recommendations aren't showing. I have a high-speed internet, no proxy settings and an exception has been added in Windows Defender. However, the knime.log shows an error and warning.

I have a high-speed internet, no proxy settings and an exception has been added in Windows Defender. However, the knime.log shows an error and warning.

I have tried the below steps:

1. Internet Connection: Ensure your internet connection is stable and active. KNIME’s Workflow Coach feature requires internet access to download the latest node recommendations and statistics from the KNIME Hub.

2. Proxy Settings: If you’re behind a proxy or your internet connection goes through a firewall, it might block KNIME from accessing the internet. You can configure your proxy settings in KNIME by navigating to File > Preferences > General > Network Connections. Here, you can enter details for your proxy configuration, if applicable.

3. Update KNIME Statistics Manually: From the details provided, it seems there’s an option to “Update Now” for the node recommendations statistics. If there’s an issue with automatic updates, try manually updating these statistics by clicking on “Update Now”.

4. Firewall/Antivirus Interference: Occasionally, firewall or antivirus settings may prevent certain features of applications from functioning properly. Check to see if disabling these (temporarily) resolves the issue. If it does, you’ll need to add an exception for KNIME in your firewall or antivirus settings.

I am attaching the screenshot and the log file. Kindly help to resolve this.

knime.log (6.0 KB)

Hi,
The log says that this file should exist but does not: C:\Users\User\knime-workspace.metadata\knime\file_download.temp
Can you check that folder while trying the update and check if anything is created there?
Kind regards
Alexander

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)