Image Reader node adds yellow background to created profiles

While using the image reader to create CNV profiles for cells the graph shows up but has a yellow background. The yellow background only shows up on windows OS. When running the same Image Reader on a mac the backgrounds are white. The preview also shows the figure with a white background before executing the image reader node. Any advice would be great on how to get a white background. Thanks

Hi Rambosutton,

Welcome to our forum. This looks like a very strange bug with the reader node, I need some more information to be able to help you though. Could you please upload an example picture that shows that behavior so I can look into it?

best,

Gabriel

gab1one here you go

Hi rabosutton, thank you for the quick answer, but I think we missunderstood eachother, I need the image file you are trying to  read with the Image Reader node, not a screenshot on how it looks when it goes wrong.

best,

Gabriel

gab1one, thanks for replies, we are reading a .png file. Do you need any other info?

Hi Rambusotton,

to be able to reproduce your problem, I need a file that has a white background outside of KNIME and a yellow when read with the Image Reader Node on Windows, one of the ones you have mentioned in your first post.

The files you have uploaded so far look to me like they always have a yellow background, even before opening them in KNIME.

best,

Gabriel

Hi gab1one,

Here is how my .png file looks in windows photo viewer.

And here is the exact same .png file when run through the image reader node.

Ok that looks concerning,

Can you please send that png file? So I can try opening it in my KNIME installation and investigate the source of this bug?

best,

Gabriel

Here you go! Thanks again

Thank you for the example picture, I tried reproducing your bug by reading the image using the latest version of KNIME + KNIP both on Windows 10 and Linux. However I I did not encounter the yellow background you mentioned. So I need some more details from you: Which version of Windows and KNIME / KNIP are you using? Did you try installing / updating to the latest version ?

best,

Gabriel

Updating to 3.3.2 has fixed the problem for myself and another colleague.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.