Image Reader - TIFF Error

Hello,

I'm trying to open Tiff images through the node "Image Reader" but it seems to be an unsupported file format. 

The preview says "Unsupported format". But the details of the images (through the apple os x information and specific software) define the image as a TIFF image.

Any ideas about some trouble that can be raised because of a specific content in the image?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best
Jerome

Hi Jerome,

tiff has many, many variants, so maybe this variant is not supported. If you want you can send me an example file (here or via e-mail) and I'll double-check what is going on.

Best,

Christian

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Please find an example attached below.

Best

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

It seems that this TIFF variant is not supported through KNIME. I tried to open the file with several other tools, but I failed.  Can you open the file with other tools? If so, which one?

Best,

Christian

Hello,

I can open it through the viewer of Mac OS X.

But not with the windows tool.

Any idea?

Best

Jerome

Hello Jerome, 

I' ve got a mac aswell and could open it with the Image Reader. So the file works...

Regards 

Christian

Hello,

I tried again but not possible to use the Image Reader. Do I need to install specific extension to suport them?

I saw it's bio-formats support, but do I need to activate it somewhere?

Thanks for your help
Best
JErome

Hi Jerome,

The image reading functionality of KNIP is based on SCIFIO, which is also used in ImageJ. It also provides the ability to use the bio-formats library when reading images. The support for bio-formats is always active, if the images can be read using this library you should be able to open them in KNIME.

You can try if opening the file works for you with ImageJ, if so you could save the file in a different format and read it in with KNIME. I could not open your file with any software I tried, I wish you good luck!

best,

Gabriel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.