ImageJ2 plugin not showing in 4.2

I am developing an ImageJ2 plugin. In 4.1 I get the menu items I have created in the plugin.
In 4.2 the menu is not there. Is there anything changed in handling plugins?

Hi @boudewijin

Which mechanism are you using to register the plug-in? If you are using buddy classloading, then it will not work in 4.2. Don’t worry though, it should be easy to fix.
Can you share the code of the plug-in with us so I can take a look at it?

Best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one,

The code is at https://github.com/sunsear/colour_deconvolution_IJ2.
Thanks,
Boudewijn

Hi @gab1one,

Could you point me in the right direction?
Should we work with the plugin.xml and Factory stuff?
I hope we can just work with the annotations.

Greetings,

Boudewijn

Hi @Boudewijn,

@gab1one is apartment hunting this week…

Just to get this straight: How have you deployed your plugin before? I somehow had assumed that you were using Maven to build the project, resulting in a JAR which you install it into KNIME with the preferences pane? Or how does your current setup look like? The mechanism that I have described before should still work with 4.2.

Please enlighten me! :smiley:

Best,
Stefan

Nevermind my previous comment @Boudewijn. It looks like there is an issue with ImageJ2 Integration and no Command is discovered at the moment. At least that’s the case for me! Will investigate some more tomorrow…

3 Likes

Hi @stelfrich,

Any news on the issue? Indeed I deployed as you described. So it seems a bug in 4.2?

Boudewijn

Hi @Boudewijn,

Yes it seems like we broke the resolution process somehow, I will be looking deeper into this.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi @stelfrich and @gab1one,

Did the recent patch release change anything about the situation with the ImageJ2 integration?

Unfortunately not, @imagejan. We are still investigating the issue and are looking for a way to fix things. Sorry for the hassle!

Hi @gab1one and @stelfrich, hope you’re doing fine!

Sorry for nudging again, is there any time line of when the ImageJ2 extension can be expected to work again with the latest version of KNIME Analytics Platform?

I’m just asking because for an upcoming teaching activity with KNIME, I’ll have to recommend users which version of KNIME AP to install, and since the course includes using IJ2 plugins provided by us, I want to make sure that the instructions will work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @imagejan, hi @Boudewijn,

I’ll quote myself from a call with @gab1one: “I don’t know what I had consumed when confirming that Commands don’t work”. I was able to build JARs locally for the fmi-ij2-plugins repository as well as colour_deconvolution_IJ2 and get them to work with the ImageJ(2) integration in KNIME:

This is with the following setup:

• KNIME Analytics Platform 4.2.2.v202009251451
  • KNIME Image Processing 1.8.3.202009230803
  • KNIME Image Processing - ImageJ Integration (Beta) 0.11.7.v202007071306

Can someone confirm that this still is an issue?

Best,
Stefan

2 Likes

Thanks, @stelfrich! Trusting your previous warning, I had not updated my own installations to 4.2.x yet (fearing/assuming they would break the IJ2 plugins), and didn’t test the ImageJ2 integration with any later version.

Great news, now I tested with latest KNIME AP 4.2.2 as well, and (as far as I can tell) all our FMI IJ2 plugins are working as expected :tada:

Sorry for all the buzz then :worried:

@Boudewijn is your original issue solved as well then?

1 Like

No worries: I am 90% certain that I have tested it and wasn’t able to get it to work either. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have confirmed the finding in my earlier post.

1 Like

I have tested is also and it is working!
So the problem seems to be fixed!

Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.