Increase Rows passed into DL Python Network Learner

Hello,

In order to learn KNIME, I tried to model a purely in Python written script, I developed before, within KMINE.
For the modelling-part in knime, I used the DL Python Network Learner module.

While in in the Configure Screen, I noticed that the input_table only has exactly 1000 rows. The data itself has way more rows.

How can I increase the number of samples passed to the configure dialogs python instance?

Tried:

• Increase the flow_variable rowLimit

Hello mereep,

yes, we use only a sample of the data in the dialog for performance reasons.
In the options tab you can increase the Row limit (dialog) option to have more rows in the dialog.

Cheers,

nemad

2 Likes

Hi nemad,

I see, this line was somehow invisible to my eyes due to its layout I guess. Could you maybe put this in a frame like the other options, since it falls off the layout?

Another question:

• Could you elaborate the difference between rowLimit in the flow variables and the rowLimit in the options pane? Maybe it is a good idea to have it also in the flow variables as something like “dialogSampleSize” or something like that?
  • Does it have a value for “just everything you have?” like -1 or None or +inf whatever?

Sorry for the long text and thanks for your answer. This will help me further :wink:

Hi mereep,

huh ok, that is strange.
May I ask which OS you are using?
To be honest I don’t know the exact answer to your questions but I invited someone to the topic that should know :wink:

1 Like

With “fall off the layout” I don’t mean literally invisible.
Its just easy to oversee since it doesnt follow the layout of the rest of the dialog. But a picture is more than 1000 words, so I appended one. I hope it illustrates what I mean :wink:

1 Like

Hi mereep,

Could you elaborate the difference between rowLimit in the flow variables and the rowLimit in the options pane? Maybe it is a good idea to have it also in the flow variables as something like “dialogSampleSize” or something like that?

There is no difference. You should be able to use the rowLimit flow variable to control the Row limit (dialog) option. If that does not work, then it is an issue on our side which we will need to investigate.

Does it have a value for “just everything you have?” like -1 or None or +inf whatever?

Unfortunately not.

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your response. As far as for my side the flow_variable rowLimit does not seem to have any influence for the rows. And consequently also doesn’t change the value in the options pane (Maybe this value is prioritized?) But maybe I just misinterpret it :wink:

Hi mereep,

I just reproduced your problem for both DL scripting nodes and ordinary Python scripting nodes.
I will create a bug report for that. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to achieve what you were trying to do (at least by using flow variables) until this bug is fixed. I think there is no other way to work around that.

Marcel

1 Like