Indigo API restricted now?

I used to be able to write my own node using Indigo for support, but since the change from ggasoftware to epam I get restrictions saying the type is not API.

This is something Eclipse does when functions are not made public within a JAR, as Indigo used to be.

Are these restrictions intentional, or is it an issue with changing the project? If there's an alternate library to include to achieve the same effect that would be fine (all that is being used is a substructure search and graph comparison function).

Hi James,

Could you clarify your Indigo usage? Saying "API" you mean that you use pure Indigo API for creating your own nodes or you have deal with Indigo nodes and its source code?

Also, please, check if your problem is still actual. Don't this post make it clear?

Best regards,

Anton

I was using the Indigo API, connecting to the .Jars used as part of the KNIME release, so importing the Indigo Object etc.

The last time I looked, it wasn't possible to import Indigo based on the new nodes (was trying

import org.epam.indigo;
and
import com.peam.indigo; )

Is this the right way of incorporating use of the Java Indigo API in KNIME, or is there a specific JAR that is required?

To use Indigo API:

• download the last version of Indigo (it could be found on official EPAM's site or on Maven Central repository)
  • add JARs into build path
  • import required exect classes or using wildcard like this:
    import com.epam.indigo.Indigo;
    import com.epam.indigo.IndigoObject;
    etc.

OR

import com.epam.indigo.*;

Let me know if you still have problems with it.

Best regards,

Anton

It would be better if there was an "official" plug-in containing the Indigo library. If people start using their own bundled versions of Indigo I can already see strange ClassCastExceptions in the horizon. So either the existing plug-in should export the base Indigo packages or you create a new plug-in that only wraps the library (and that exports all packages).

This is exactly my concern - as currently written, my code used the dependency handling of Indigo itself, so that I wouldn't force potentially mismatching copies on the libraries on individuals. To get things actually running I have temporarily disabled the code in question, but it would be nice to use it again.

Hi James,

We've fixed the issue you described.  Base Indigo packages will be available in our plugin. At this moment they already are in nightly build and very soon will be in 3.1 branch. Please, try again.

Best regards,

Anton

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.