Installation of Knime Analytics Platform 4.0

Hi,

I have uninstalled version 3.7.2 before i install the newest version of KNIME. Some of my workflows were in default workflow folder and i have also a lot of extensions which i am using for different purposes.(Training, test, performance)

I have a suggestion by installation of KNIME 4 which will be great. It should ask to me whether i want to keep my workflows in knime default or preferred folder. May be on second screen it also should ask me whether i want to keep my community extensions if those are available or compatible in newest version.

After i have uninstalled the 3.7.2, the workflows which i have created for example and learn purposes, they all gone. and also my extensions were also gone. of course i am keeping my important workflows in our server. For extensions i have to install all of them.

Thank you again for the newest version.

My regards

Yasin

Hi @ysari126!

Thank you for your kind message!

I have a question about your problem with your missing workflows: Do you remember where your folder with workspace was located (e.g., in your Documents folder, Desktop…?). If so, can you see if you go to the folder location where your workflows were located using your machine’s file explorer, can you still see your workflows there? You can switch your workspace directory inside KNIME. In the analytics platform, you should go to Files > Switch Workspace > Others, then you can browse to your desired folder and hit launch. This is going to restart your Analytics Platform and the desired folder will be your workspace :slight_smile:

Please let me know if this works!

Cheers,
Ana

4 Likes

Thank you Ana for your advice. I have searched the entire disk to find out those workflows. But i was lucky that i saved important wfd s in knime server.

There is another thing which i was found while deinstalling knime 3.7.2 and installing 4.0.0, that my jdbc drivers also needed to be referenced from preferences/databases.

May be i have missed something while installing Knime 4.0.0.

It should be possible or a way to upgrade from 3.7.2 to 4.0.0 without lose anything or nothing deleted.

Regards

Yasin

1 Like

Hi @ysari126,

Thank you for your reply. The normal is that workflows should not be deleted from your disk when updating the Analytics Platform. Have you searched for the term workflow.knime? All workflows should have this file and then you could get a list of all workflows that exist in the disk. If this does not work, to understand a bit better what could be the source of the problem, could you tell me if you at least see empty folders in the place where your workflows should be?

4 Likes

Thank you Ana.

After using workflow.knime keyword, i was able to find my workflows. You saved my time and lots of effort. After installing of Knime 4.0, i was’nt able to find my worfkflows. i thought it will/should keep my settings/extensions/jar files.I have lost to o much time for searching my workflows, installing extensions, attaching jdbc files. At least i found the workflows.

Sorry for that i thought Knime deleted my files.

Regards

Yasin

2 Likes

Hi @ysari126

I am happy to know that this had a happy ending and you found your workflows!

If you need anything else: just ask! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Ana

2 Likes

hi, ana :slight_smile:

I didn’t update KNIME to 4 yet. Because I don’t know which way is the the best.

Could you give me advice about how to upgrade?

Plan A:
In menu, File---> Update KNIME..., I don’t know why it is not works, or this is the problem of my machine?

Plan B:
Uninstall KNIME 3.7.2, install 4, point workspace position, and check workflow

Plan C:
leave knime 3.7.2 alone, install 4, point workspace postion.

Or?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there, @HaveF!

About plan A: that is normal - there should be no upgrade from the 3.7 to 4.0. We recommend installing a fresh KNIME 4.0. :wink:

Between Plan B and Plan C – usually downloading the installer is the easiest way. It is going to take care of many things for you (like memory settings) and you will not need to worry about any of it.

Let me know how it goes and if something happens, just ask again :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Ana

4 Likes

@ana_ved Thanks, Ana, I update to KNIME 4 successfully. It seems I need some works on migrate the db related workflow for KNIME 4 new features :rofl:

1 Like

Hi, can someone help me. I’ve uninstalled my Knime ver 3… to install Knime 4.0. Good thing is that I’ve installed successfully the ver 4.0. The bad thing is that I cant open my saved workflows. Do you know some ways in order to open my saved workflow? Replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have you ever changed the workspace to the old place?

File-->Switch Workspace

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.