Installing preconfigured KNIME on multiple computers

Hi,

I will have to install KNIME on many computers (about 15-20). The KNIME should be configured in the same way, ie. update options, software sites, installed packages should be identical. And here is my question, what is the best way to do it?

I though about configuring KNIME on the one desktop and then copy the whole folder to the rest of PCs, but I'm not sure if it is going to work in all cases. Moreover there are diffrent os on those computers (ie win xp and 7).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Personally I would do that, maybe have a 64 bit and a 32 bit configuration done once and the appropriate version copied over to the new machine. 

Given that there are not different version of eclipse/KNIME for different windows OS versions I think you should be fine. 

Regards

Sam

I agree with Sam. You should configure two versions of KNIME, 32 and 64 bit on your PC, install all extensions and set up the preferences. All this information is stored within the .metadata contained, per default in the workspace folder within the installation. You can zip the entire directory and copy it to all machines with the same architecture. The user will be prompted for the workspace dir, the first time KNIME is started.

Sam, gabriel,

I will do it like that.

Thanks,

Filip

Hello Gabriel / Sam,

Can I install two versions of KNIME say 2.8 and 3.1 on the same machine ?

Regards,

Mohammed Ayub

Hello Mohammed,

Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple threads. For an answer to your question please have a look at your other post!

Thank you,
Ferry