Instant JChem update 5.10 breaks JChem nodes, + workaround.

During an upgrade to Instant JChem 5.10 the database will be updated.
If you are using a MySql database that has a IJC structure column, this update will render the JChem Knime nodes that deal with the database directly unusable (like the JChem Manager node to read the database and for example the JChem Search node to process it further).

A sollution (or workaround really) is to use the generic database reader node, and feed its result into the Advanced Molconverter.

Not ideal, but it works.

New nodes are available from Infocom that resolve this issue.

How nice it would be if Infocom would post this themselves...

Dear Ellert,

Thank you very much for your updating.
I deeply apologize for my neglect.

Best regards,
Taka

The 5.12 update of Instant JChem once again breaks Infocom nodes that access the database, like JChem Search.

ERROR     JChem Search     Execute failed: The structure table contains newer data version that this program version can handle. Please use a later version.

The workaround of Database Reader + Binary Objects to Strings + Advanced MolConverter  works fine though.

We have just released JChem Extensions version 2.6.3.v0137 that uses JChem5.12.3.0.
I deeply apologize for my neglect.

Best regards,
Taka

The 6 series of instant jchem has been out for a while, no nodes update seen yet.

The dis-synchrounousness of chemaxon releases and infocom releases is pretty bothersome to be honnest.

We have just released JChem Extensions version 2.7.4.v0201 that uses JChem 6.1.3.0.
I deeply apologize for my neglect again...

Best regards,
Taka

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.