Integrating R with Knime

I have Knime Studio and R studio installed. And need help integrate R with KNIME.

Can any only help me with instructions on how to do this. I need to run some Stasticial Tests using QCC in R on KNIME and further attach it to some learning Models.

Hi there @SandeepRDiddi,

welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

Here is topic for you:

And KNIME is not Studio. KNIME is just KNIME :smile:

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Hi @SandeepRDiddi -

The KNIME Hub may be a useful resource for you as well, as it has example workflows you can use to get started. For example, this one, which demonstrates the usage of some R nodes.

3 Likes

Thanks Ivan , i gave up on MAC as it has too many challanges to fix

Now on Windows i Have KNME and R
I tried the steps on Issue with KNIME R version - #10 by mlauber71

install.packages(‘Rserve’,“http://rforge.net/",type="source”)
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
trying URL ‘http://rforge.net/src/contrib/Rserve_1.8-6.tar.gz
Content type ‘application/x-gzip’ length 497894 bytes (486 KB)
downloaded 486 KB

Warning in untar2(tarfile, files, list, exdir, restore_times) :
failed to copy ‘Rserve/src/client’ to ‘Rserve/clients’

• installing source package ‘Rserve’ …
    ** using staged installation
    Warning in system(“sh ./configure.win”) : ‘sh’ not found
    ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘Rserve’
  • removing ‘C:/Program Files/R/R-3.6.1/library/Rserve’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘Rserve’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpimgocN\downloaded_packages’

install.packages(“C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/Rserve_1.8-6.tar.gz”, repos = NULL, type = “source”)
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Warning in untar2(tarfile, files, list, exdir, restore_times) :
failed to copy ‘Rserve/src/client’ to ‘Rserve/clients’

• installing source package ‘Rserve’ …
    ** using staged installation
    Warning in system(“sh ./configure.win”) : ‘sh’ not found
    ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘Rserve’
  • removing ‘C:/Program Files/R/R-3.6.1/library/Rserve’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/Rserve_1.8-6.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

But for some reason i cannot install RServer. Also when i install R extensions on Knime from Install extensions its shows installed but no nodes displayed

Any pointers on this would be really help ful

I need to use qcc on KNIME thats the end goal

1 Like

Thanks @ScottF but i canot get these Nodes after in install R from Plugins

The thing with the KNIME extensions is strange, this should work. Maybe you check if you can install other KNIME extensions. And please be aware there are at least 3 ‘versions’ of R Nodes in KNIME.

About the RServe (I know it is anoying) what you can do:

1. install the latest stable version of Rtools to the directory c:\Rtools (no fancy path please)
  2. set the environments of the path to RTools accoring to this entry

usethis::edit_r_environ()

this should open the “.Renviron” file (yes with a dot at the beginning). There you should be able to enter the necessary PATH

PATH=“C:\Rtools\bin;${PATH}”

1. Then you can run this entry and/or restart R(Studio). It might take some trys but finally it takes effect and then you can compile R packages.

5 Likes

This works thank you so much

Is there a way we can expose the Graphs as a Web UI where business users can see the Plots.

The idea is i have written some QCC tests and want users to see them through WEB or any other means. As not all users will install Knime on their systems.

Any inputs

3 Likes

Glad it worked out. Maybe you could post the question about “Web UI” to a new thread so people would have an easier time finding it.

I am not an expert on KNIME and web services, but from what I remember KNIME offers a broad variety of tools and extensions to connect to web services (think REST) and also brings its own powerful KNIME Server. The server allows people to create web interfaces with the power of KNIME underneath.

So maybe you create a new post and maybe even a small example of what you would like to post or load to a website.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.