There are a number of older posts on integrating a database with Knime, however I haven’t found any discussions regarding the latest versions of Java, Knime, and SQL. I have spent days looking at forums here and on StackOverflow and elsewhere trying to connect to a database with Knime, however nothing has worked.
My computer configuration is as follows:
64 bit Operating System
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (64 bit version)
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 17
Microsoft JDBC Driver 7.0 for SQL Server
KNIME 3.7.0 (64 bit version)
So far I’ve tried:
- Downloading java versions into both Program Files\Java and Program Files (x86)\Java. Currently I have the java version that is stored in the Program Files directory.
- Downloading and unzipping the ‘sqljdbc_220.127.116.11_enu’ JDBC 7.0 Driver. I also tried the JDBC 6.0 Driver, but that didn’t work.
- putting sqljdbc_auth.dll in the C\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin and C\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_191\lib directories.
- Enabling TCP/IP Port in Microsoft SQL Server Management Stuido
- configuring Knime’s Database Connector, Database Reader, and Microsoft SQL Server Connector nodes to the following settings:
Database driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
Database URL: jdbc:sqlserver://(localhost); integratedSecurity=true;
Authentication: Checked ‘Use credentials’ (for Database Reader this feature is blocked out)
When I execute the Database Connector node I get the following error:
ERROR Database Connector 0:2 Execute failed: Could not create connection to database: no sqljdbc_auth in java.library.path
When I execute the Database Reader node I get the following error:
ERROR Database Reader 0:1 Execute failed: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:4906d2f3-e3df-4016-a383-29840cb4dee2
When I execute the Microsoft SQL Server Connector I get the following error:
ERROR Microsoft SQL Server Connector 0:5 Execute failed: Could not create connection to database: no sqljdbc_auth in java.library.path