interactive range slider filter widget wit date column

Hello KNIME-Forum :slight_smile:

I am currently trying to implement an interactive range slider filter to see parts of table for a time intervall i choose with the widget.

The column i target with the widget is this one, created_at:

I converted the row from date to string and then to number(int), since the widget seems to only work with numbers.
The Dummy-Table then looks like this:

Not every day is represented in my column so there are days/dates that are just skipped.

What i would like to have in the widget are only all the dates in the column ant not just count from 20210107 to 20210924 like this:

Here is the workflow i have:
InteractiveRangewithDate.knwf (32.0 KB)

Any advice on this ?

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @kayapinar

I don’t think what you’re asking for is possible with the Interactive Range Widget. I’m also not sure if it makes sense to have an Interactive Date-Range Widget. It would be fairly difficult for users to tune in to a specific date imo.

Here is an alternative that I made. Hope it helps! InteractiveRangewithDate.knar.knwf (80.7 KB)

Regards,
Wali Khan

4 Likes

Hello @wkhan.

Thank you so much for the taking the time to build this !
Im fairly new to knime so this helps a lot, and i think i can really work with your solution.
One question:
Is it necessary to indicate the timezone and dateformat just like you have here:

and here

Im guessing i can change the time zone just to my own but i dont know about the format)

Glad to hear it helps!

The Date&Time Widget expects the format Date & Time with Timezone, but if you’re only working with dates you can probably make it any timezone.

Regards,
Wali Khan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.