Interactive Table bugs?

In working with the Interactive Table, I've found a couple of issues that may (or may not) be bugs.

The menu of the table has an Output->Write to CSV option. When this is selected, the output file is actually semicolon seperated rather than comma. Is there an option to change this delimiter?

I ran a workflow terminating with an Interactive Table and the title contained "Table View (51x9)," telling me the dimensions of the data matrix. Prior to the table there was a row filter which I subsequently adjusted causing a few more rows to be generated. The Interactive Table still read (51x9) despite actually being (58x9). The title bar did not change as I parsed through the table until I passed row 51 at which time it changed to (58x9).

Please let me know if you need any clarification.

-Kirk

KirkD wrote:
The menu of the table has an Output->Write to CSV option. When this is selected, the output file is actually semicolon seperated rather than comma. Is there an option to change this delimiter?

There is not really much (anything?) you can customize here (the semicolon is a German artifact - I should change it). If you wanted to have more customization, you should use the CSV writer node (if you care about the highlighted rows only, you would use it in conjunction with the hilite filter node). The option in the table menu is in there for historical reasons (in previous releases we didn't have a hilite filter node). We kept it because we thought it would be convenient.

Regarding the row count problem: Does it say "Table View (51x9)" or "Table View (51+x9)," (note the + sign)? If you filter for the hightlighted rows only, the table doesn't know how many rows there are (it would need an entire table scan, which may be prohibitively expensive; that's why the '+'). It will read more rows (and update the title) as you scroll down (in your case 58 seems the total number of rows, the '+' disappears). If it's not like that, it's a bug.

Bernd

I'm not sure if it originally had a '+' in the title or not. I've tried to reproduce the problem, and of course I can't seem to make it happen. I'll keep trying and if I have any progress I'll update you here.

Regarding the Output->Write CSV option from the Interactive Table, I was using this option because I had selected a number of points in a Scatter Chart and had the Interactive Table set to Show Only Hilited. Due to the fact that the points I selected did not fall into a regular region of the graph, I could not use a filter to limit the rows by some feature value. Selecting them on the Scatter Graph followed by Output->Write CSV was the only option I could identify that would generate a CSV of the selected rows. Is there another option I could use to extract the Hilited rows? All that being said, changing the SSV (semicolon separated values) to CSV is exceedingly easy to do - just a little deceptive. 8^)

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

what I intended to say is that we have a node called "HiLite Filter" (in the category "Data Manipulation" -> "Row") which performs a row filtering based on the (current!) hilite status. Using that node along with the CSV writer you get the same output as when you use the "Write CSV" option in the table view (plus you have the full flexibility of the CSV writer).

And please keep us updated on the row count problem in the title of the table view. I just gave it a try and it works for me (maybe you did something we didn't expect users to do :wink: ).

Regards
Bernd

Amazing! Every time I think I've found a way to break KNIME, I find out that you've already thought of that scenario and there is an easy fix!! Nice work gentlemen, nice work.

-Kirk