is there a way we can total two same exact excel files in knime ?

i have financial data in 2 separate excel files.Data is very large i am trying to see if i can total both files and get the totals?

both files are same ,so basically create total creating a long term solution to add both of these files together (b + c = e) for one combined totals file

Are the files configured the same? Do you want to sum each paired column from the two files, e.g. A+A, B+B, etc.?

1 Like

Files have the same structure and layout. I have file b and file c I just would need to total for
Example = values from each tab are summed together for one total file (all tabs).

B file

Financial Summary tab

Cell F14

C file

Financial Summary tab

Cell F14

=

E file

Financial Summary tab

Cell F14

Still not crystal clear. You have multiple files each with multiple tabs and want to sum the same tabs across all the files?

Yes, i multiple files with multiple tabs and want to sum the same tabs across all the files for example
this is below is b file

this is below c file

i want to sum in e file with same tab total

I am looking solution in Knime if that can be done . In excel i have used formula but its time consuming. looking to see if i can do faster in knime?

How many files and how many tabs in each file?

Try this. I couldn’t figure out a way to write the output in a loop due to the need to filter the data before aggregating it. This works with the sample data I created. If you have lots of sheets in the workbooks it may be a little tricky to get the row filters configured correctly. Read the workflow description.