Issue Installing Knime Extensions

Hello,

We are running Knime at work and are having issues installing extension.

We are currently on KNIME 4.1.4, we are looking at upgrading versions but this is some way down the track.

We are wanting to install a couple of extensions but when using the “drag & drop” install functionality.

"Could not find any extension(s) that provides the missing node(s). "

I am just wondering if there were any ideas of cause of this? Whether it’s security settings on the server or if there are other options we could try without upgrading Knime’s version.

We are wanting to install Salesforce and Microsoft sharepoint nodes.If there are possible on our version?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @UndefinedFate and welcome to the community!

This could be caused if your company blocks the KNIME update sites, e.g. through a browser. There are two things you can try:

1. Setup the proxy in KNIME AP - File → Preferences → General → Network Connections. Usually your IT department can provide you with the necessary information.
  2. If this does not work, you can download the update site to your local machine - this is the link for version 4.1.4. You can save it somewhere as a *.zip archive and make it known to KNIME AP under File → Preferences → Install/Update → Available Software Sites. Please untick all other update sites and Add the downloaded Archive:

After that, you can look up the extension a node is contained in on the Hub, e.g. for the PDF Parser it would look like this:

You then search this extension (“KNIME Textprocessing”) under File → Install KNIME Extensions… :

and install it by clicking through the next pages. A restart of KNIME is required afterwards.

See also the FAQ.

Hope that helps!
Best, Lukas

1 Like

Great thank you LukasS,

Have been able to get to the next step, however when installing packages in now states.

[Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency].

Have been unable to find a solution to this in the forums. Any ideas on how to solve this so we can get extensions installed.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi @UndefinedFate,

could you please double check that the other update sites under File → Preferences → Install/Update → Available Software Sites are unticked, i.e. only the zip-archive update site is enabled?

You are using KNIME Version 4.1.4 and I sent you the according link, right? If not, it might be that the download site version is not compatible to your KNIME Version. You would find the correct one on this page under “The zipped Update Site for x.y.z can be downloaded here”.

Since I think I was unclear here: drag & drop would unfortunately not work if you are using a local update site - you’d need to manually install the extensions with the method described above.

If neither solves the issue, could you please send the error log? Does it states which dependencies are conflicting? (You might try to uninstall these and then try to reinstall them.) Which dependencies do you want to install? Could you send a screenshot of the error?

Best,
Lukas

Hello @UndefinedFate,

SharePoint and Salesforce nodes are available from KNIME version 4.2.0 if not mistaken.
https://www.knime.com/whats-new-in-knime-42

Br,
Ivan

1 Like