Issue with Extension installation

Hi,
I installed Knime 4.1.3 on RHEL 7 server. Now I am trying to get all the extensions hooked to it. For doing that, downloaded zip file of extensions from here (https://www.knime.com/downloads/update) and did exactly what was mentioned in there. Yet, it says that MongoDB reader and column expression extensions are missing .
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Deepan

Hi there @Deepan,

so if I got you right you have added zip file and then tried to install some extension or? Who says that extension is missing?

Br,
Ivan

Hi ipazin,
Thanks for replying!!
I have just added the zip file by going to file->preferences->install/update->available software sites->entered the path to the zip file. I did not install any extensions manually. When I import the workflow that was developed on another system, I get this, “Workflow requires missing extensions” error wherein loading of MongoDB reader and column expression has failed due to this. The issue here is, Knime is installed on a air gap server and I cant really download the extensions directly.

Hi @Deepan,

so after you have added zip file (and disabled update sites) you can normally install extensions. Simply go File --> Install KNIME Extensions... and follow steps after you check some extension :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,
Tried that, also I have disabled all the other available software sites that requires internet connection. When I goto File–> Install KNIME Extensions, It does not go beyond 1% in contacting software sites.

Hi @Deepan,

hmm… Can you share your printscreen of Available Update Sites in Preferences?

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,
PFA

1. Update sites
  2. Local update site (path given- jar:file:/data/org.knime.update.analytics-platform_4.1.3.zip!/)
1 Like

Hi @Deepan,

You need to disable all other update sites. You have 3 additional sites enabled and those require internet connection. Just tried it out and works as expected :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin,
Had tried that earlier. Yet, it wont move beyond searching for software site. I am reinstalling the application now. Something is probably wrong with earlier installation.
Will update the status post installation.

Thanks and regards
Deepan

Hi @Deepan,

ok. Give it another try and let’s see.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin
It worked!! Thanks for your help!!

Regards
Deepan

1 Like

Hi @Deepan,

glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.