Issue with Recursive loop node

Hi,

I am unable to use a recursive loop to get input from user.

The aim of the workflow is to get 3 inputs with the possibility to reset one of them. 1 entry is fixed after the 1st iteration, the 2nd can change, the 3rd one is reset at each iteration. The user exits the loop by selecting the option ‘Fin’ in the web portal.

I run into several issues:

1/ I cannot exit the loop after the first iteration. Knime is expecting a value greater then 0.

2/ When I run the workflow in Knime analytics and select the option to exit the loop, I’m getting an error I do not understand: ‘Recursive Loop End : 0:47 : Caught “IllegalStateException”: No file store handler set on node’. This is a problem to develop the rest of my workflow.

The workflow works perfectly on the Knime server when I execute at least 2 loop iterations.

I have enclose the workflow if somebody could look into it and help me to solve the issues that would be great.

Regards,

Claire
pb_recursiveLoop.knwf (75.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Claire,
the problem is that you set the maximum number of iterations to 0 if the user selects “Fin” in the first iteration. But it should be set to 1 to do what you want. I think you can easily do that in your Java Edit Variable node. Otherwise you can also choose “End Loop with Variable” in the Recursive Loop End. Then you need a variable of type string with the value “true” to end the loop.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hi Alexander,
Yes thanks I was able to fix the first iteration problem just after I submitted the post.
But what about the other issue (the '…Caught “IllegalStateException”)?
Regards,
Claire

Hi Claire,
for me the workflow works just fine when I fix the problem with the loop end. I will send you a PM and ask for the log file so I may find out what goes wrong on your side.
Kind regards
Alexander

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.