The node monitor is the single most useful diagnostic tool for debugging workflow across nodes. The main thing is that it’s part of the perspective and it’s not modal. I assume it’s a recent addition, written using swt not swing.
So why is it not better? Suggestions:
- Include the Node Monitor in the default perspective, don’t make me go looking for it.
- Allow two Node Monitor windows.
- Replace the tiny little menu dropdown by separate buttons for Output Table, Configuration, etc
- Compress the 3 heading lines to a single line, to make more room for table rows
- Show Configuration should show the node-specific configuration items (from the tab(s) added by the developer), not the system settings (leave those to Show Entire Configuration).
I could go on, but that would be a good start.