JavaCodeCompiler problem

Hi,

I am trying to run knime-core release-2017-12 from github repository 1) using Eclipse IDE on my local, but I am facing some problems on the org.knime.ext.sun project inside JavaCodeCompiler class at compile() method. It throws several times CompilationFailedException with the message “File /Expression{Number}.java is missing”, where {Number} is in range [0…6].

I tried to replace the org.knime.ext.sun project with the previous project version(2017-07) from github, also I replaced the project with the org.knime.ext.sun_3.5.0 plugin from the zip archive installer version 3.5.2, but the same result.

I am using Eclipse Oxygen.3 Release (4.7.3), Java 8 on Windows 10.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mihai

1. https://github.com/knime/knime-core/tree/releases/2017-12

Hi @mihais,
did you follow the instructions on how to setup your eclipse for KNIME development which you can find here: https://github.com/knime/knime-sdk-setup ? That should allow you to start debugging and developing KNIME locally.
best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one,

Thanks a lot for the answer, it helped me very much. Before this answer I didn’t followed the knime-sdk-setup instructions from the link.

I noticed that are some UI problems with running the KNIME Analytics Platform with org.eclipse.platform.ide, I also tried to run it with org.knime.product.KNIME_PRODUCT as Run configuration but it didn’t work. I ran it as a KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION and it works fine.

Regards,
Mihai

Can you tell us which problems you encountered? Because that should work, we also have a predefined launch configuration, please take a look at GitHub - knime/knime-sdk-setup: KNIME Analytics Platform - SDK Setup .
best,
Gabriel

I ran it as org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench instead of org.knime.product.KNIME_APPLICATION and could not find the configuration. If I run it as org.knime.product.KNIME_APPLICATION I have some UI missing elements like in the screenshot. Perhaps I am using the release/2017-12 branch.

Regards,
Mihai

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.