JavaScript Table View / Column Filters

Hi,

is there a possibility to enable RegEx filtering capabilities for the column filters in the JavaScript Table View and to enable a filter for numerical values (like 5 <= x <= 7)?

I think this might be a request for a new feature…

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,
Jürgen

Hi Juergen,

I think you can achieve this by using the standard Column Filter, which allows for RegEx, just before the Javascript Table View. Would that solve your problem?

Regards,
Matheus

Hi Matheus,

thank you very much for your suggestion.
I had not explained the background of my approach… so here it comes…

I would like the filtering of a table in an interactive manner used within a component to enable graphs being updated on the changed selection. This interactivity within a componennt is -by my knowledge- not feasible with the column filter.

Does this info help?

Best regards,
Jürgen

Hello @Juergen,

if I got you right you can use Interactive Range Slider Filter Widget node to have filter like 5 <= x <= 7 for numerical columns. As of interactive filtering for nominal columns there is Interactive Value Filter Widget but regex is not supported in it.

Why would you like to have this possibility in Table View node? You are filtering on multiple columns?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

yes, I would like to filter on multiple columns… and for my Excel-collegues… it would be comparable to the Autofilter possibility in Excel.

Beside Excel… it would be great to have better filtering capabilities for the use in (interactive) components.

Best regards,
Jürgen

Hi @Juergen,

I see. Tnx for additional explanation. I have created a ticket for it. (Internal reference: AP-14871)

Br,
Ivan

Great, if I am right, then KNIME is using the JS-library “datatables”… and then it might be easily configurable.

Best regards,
Jürgen

1 Like

Don’t know about that one :sweat_smile:
Br,
Ivan