JavaScript views documentation

I have some experience with JavaScript views in KNIME and wrote a small training trying to cover almost every step. The training is available at https://github.com/miguelalba/javascriptComponents-training and describes how to create a fairly simple JS view with and without JS libraries.

The developer guide does not document JS views but regular Java nodes and I hope this can help others or be included in the KNIME documentation. I apologise in advance for errors and typos.

Best,
Miguel

12 Likes

Hi @miguelalba,
thank you for creating this tutorial and sharing it with the community.
I pinned it in the category to give it more visibility.

best,
Gabriel

@miguelalba Thank you very much for providing documentation for creating Javascript view nodes; this is very helpful!

I have however run into a small problem: I previously had an environment set up for creating regular (non-JS) nodes, so I added the org.knime.js.core (4.1.0) dependency and started implementing the required classes.

Unfortunately, it appears the required jackson libraries are missing, as the @JsonAutoDetect annotation cannot be resolved to a type. Can someone kindly confirm (perhaps @gab1one) ? How should this be resolved? Should I add one or more jackson plugins in the same manner I added the org.knime.js.core dependency? Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Don

My dependencies:

1 Like

Hi @dnaki,

Should I add one or more jackson plugins in the same manner I added the org.knime.js.core dependency?

Yes indeed, try adding the following three:

• com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-core
  • com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-databind
  • com.fasterxml.jackson.core.jackson-annotations

best,
Gabriel

1 Like