KNIME 3.0.0 - Java Snippet Node

Hey,

are you KNIME people already aware of the several issues regarding the Java Snippet node in 3.0.0? If not I will take the trouble and try to explain them...

Best,
Marc

Hi Marc,

I just checked with the Developers, and no, so far we did not find those ourselves. It would be great if you can send a description to us.

Best, Iris

(And thank you for all your 3.0 posts, we really apreciate that the people are stress testing our newest release :))

Hey Iris,

here are my findings (so far):

1. When moving the pointer over the borders between two fields, the pointer stays an arrow (must become a double arrow, because the fields are resizeable).
  2. When moving the pointer over the snippet text field, the pointer stays an arrow (must be an I-beam, because it is text).
  3. When moving the pointer over the column list field, the pointer is an I-beam within the top 2/3 of the field, an arrow within the bottom 1/3 of the field and an double arrow in between (must be an arrow all over). In my opinion the double arrow thing might be an indication for a bigger coding issue.
  4. When adding a column or a flow variable from the correspondend fields, the system imports and system variables in the snippet text field are unfolded. This one is extremely annoying.
  5. When trying to fold the system imports and system variables, the pointer becomes an I-beam (must be an arrow).
  6. When moving the pointer back and forth over the snippet text field, the pointer sometimes becomes a hand or a double arrow. This does not happen randomly, but at specific areas. None of them do make sense.
  7. When moving the pointer over red underlined code (syntax error), the pointer becomes a double arrow for the first half and a pointer for the second half. Neither makes sense. Switching around between two states also makes no sense.

Best,
Marc 

All Rule Engine nodes show the same behaviour...

Hi Marc,

I can verify some but not all of them. I will have someone else testing as well. 3,5,6,7 are different for me.

What system are you using?

Best, Iris

Hey Iris,

I use Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit SP-1.

Cheers,
Marc