KNIME 4.1_Cann't find Driver in Oracle Connector after Registering ojdbc driver

Hi All,

I just upgraded to KNIME 4.1 and have been trying to establish Oracle database connection.

I’ve already added ojdbc8.jar file in Preference/KNIME/Database, see screenshots below,

but not able to locate the driver in Oracle Connector, there’s no available option in the Driver Name dropdown.

However, I can use Database Connector (legacy) by adding the same jar file in Preference/KNIME/Database(legacy)

I restarted KNIME but still no luck.

Could anyone please advice what the issue is and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
i use this settings which works without problems. The main difference i found is the driver version.

BR Hermann

Thanks Hermann,

Just wondering how do you trick the dirver version as it is automatically detected when I import the jar file.

Cheers,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I’m not sure if the driver version is the issue but you are using a newer driver version.

You can find the jdbc driver version I am using using under the following link.

https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/appdev/jdbc-downloads.html

Cheers,
Hermann

And to be clear the file name ojdbc8.jar only means it’s java 8 and gives no hint about the oracle version. So OP is using a new oracle version (19c) which might not work with knime. I also have 12c and that works just fine.

Hi there @oliviaS,

from your print screen I can see that you registered your Oracle driver as default for DB Type instead of Oracle. In this case driver will be only available in DB Connector node.

See documentaion on how to register your own JDBC driver :wink:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi,
please have a look at this section of the db documentation which explains how to connect to Oracle from within KNIME.
Bye
Tobias

3 Likes

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the documentation. It turns out to be a driver version issues, and I’ve connected successfully using version 12.2 as mentioned by @morpheus.

However, after retrieving data from Oracle database, all my String type columns return empty values (if not null), but Number and Datetime types work good.

I test in SQL developer as well, the String columns return values as normal.

Could you please suggest what potentiall issue it is?

Kind regards,
Olivia

Hi @oliviaS,

I see you are still experiencing this issue :frowning:

Adding topic where this was discussed as reference.

Hope Tobias figures this out :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

Thanks @ipazin for adding the existing topic.

After trying different ways to data connection (thought the new Oracle node would be a permanant fix), this issue still remains unsolved. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hope it can be figured out this time.

Cheers,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,
lets continue the string value problem in the other thread.
Bye
Tobias