KNIME 4.2 crash while startup

Hi all
I just installed an additional plugin to go into an example from this forum. Now my KNIME hangs while starting up, the splash screen remains and CPU goes to 100%.

The installed plugin is named org.knime.features.parquet_4.2.0.v202007071950 with some others (org.knime.features.bigdata.commons_4.2.0.v202007080953, org.knime.features.bigdata.commons.windows_4.2.0.v202007071949)

My knime.ini looks like this:
-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.5.700.v20200207-2156.jar
–launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.1100.v20190907-0426
–launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vm
plugins/org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.252-b09/jre/bin
-vmargs
-server
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
-Dosgi.classloader.lock=classname
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:+UnsyncloadClass
-XX:+UseG1GC
-Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=0
-XX:CompileCommand=exclude,javax/swing/text/GlyphView,getBreakSpot
-Xmx4018m
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=11001
-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true
-Dequinox.statechange.timeout=30000

What can I do?

Thanks,
Regards,
Mike

I uninstalled KNIME and reinstalled it. This solved my issue. When I reinstall the plugins needed for Find similar rows the problem comes up again. For the moment I skipped this example.

Hello @michael_tanner,

for the linked example don’t think you need mentioned extensions so you can try it out without installing them.

Regarding crash are you able to provide log file? There should be more info to clarify it. The relevant log file should be one located here: ...\knime-workspace\.metadata\.log. Please make sure there are no sensitive info in it…

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

log.zip (2.2 KB) Hi Ivan
Thanks for your response. It seems KNIME stop working in a early stage, I can’t see any change to the log file, anyway I add the log. As far as I understand I can only see messages related to the missing plugins.
You are right, the project runs without the plugins, however there are a few error messages…

Hi @michael_tanner,

just to make sure this is the log file when extensions are installed and KNIME crashes?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

yep, exactly. I started KNIME about 2 minutes later. No change in file timestamp and no additional info in the log. The splash screen remains before the logos of plugins show up in the splash screen and CPU remains 100%…

1 Like

Hi @michael_tanner,

seems the root cause for it is same as for issues already known and it is being worked on. Tnx for log!

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi @michael_tanner,

with version 4.2.1 KNIME shouldn’t be crashing anymore upon startup. Can you update and check?

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi Ivan
Right, it works now!
Also less plugins have to be installed.

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Mike

2 Likes

Glad to hear that @michael_tanner!
Have a nice day,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.