KNIME 4.2 - Python Setup not possible

Hi,
I have updated to the new KNIME 4.2 Analytic Platform. (MacOS) As first step I have tried to configure my Python setup inside the preferences. There I received an error at the moment I select the “Python” configuration area. “The currently displayed page contains invalid values”. (The same is true for the “Python Deep Learning” configuration area)

I can not access the page directly. Af a few “click-arounds” inside the preferences I can see the configuration page, but there I can not configure something.

Based on this missing configuration the Python-Nodes are not working. I tried to export and import the configuration form my KNIME 4.1.3 installation (where Python worked fine). But this does not solve the issue.

Could you please support me?

Thanks in Advanced.

Best Regards
André

Hi André,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with our Python integration.

Could you try to uninstall and then reinstall the integration and check if the error persists?
Maybe the update process left the integration in an inconsistent state. If that is the case, we will look into what could have caused that.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I uninstall and then reinstall the python nodes, but this not help.
I uninstall and the reinstall the whole KNIME 4.2 installation, but this not help.

Any idea how to go further? (BTW: I have 4.1.3 install in parallel and everything works fine there)

André

Hi André,

That is surprising :confused:.

Could you please upload your knime.log file (of KNIME 4.2)? Maybe this sheds some light on what is going on.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I did some installing and reinstalling of my Python installation. Now I have messy Python system but the KNIME Python integration works.

I think you should close this topic.

Best Regards
André

Hi @AWenzel,

marking reply as Solution will close topic one week after last reply. Solution button is hidden in the right bottom corner of each reply behind 3 dots… :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Hi André,

Happy to hear that you at least have a working Python integration now!

I would still be interested in the log file if you do not mind sharing it. The KNIME Python integration and its Preferences page should actually not be affected by the state of the external Python installation, i.e., especially the Preferences page should still be display properly even if there are problems with the external Python installation.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,
I would like to avoid uploading log-files to a forum. Can you tell me an E-Mail-Adress and I send you the file.

Best Regards
André

Sure, no problem. I have sent you a direct message (via the forum) with my email address.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.