Knime 4.7 update issue - Important

Hello, I just upgraded my Knime to 4.7. It has been restarted but it is freezed in first screen and Knime is not starting.

Hi @Tugrul and welcome to the Knime Community.

Can you please explain how you did the update?

Can you also try to add this at the top of your knime.ini file and save?
-clean

You should remove it after you try starting the application.

1 Like

Same here. It does not open.

Dear @bruno29a,

I decided to get back to 4.6. I couldn’t try your recommendation. After stabilization, I will update it to 4.7. Thx !

@Tugrul , @migueldevezas so you by any chance use Apple Silicon? There is a problem with some data formats and already a ticket that might be related:

1 Like

Hi @mlauber71

I am using Windows environment but thank you for your information.
I uninstalled KNIME yesterday and re-install it.
For the moment, it is working without any problems/constraints.

1 Like

same here. Windows 10.

Just adding that I also had the hanging on startup with upgrading from 4.6.5 to 4.7.1 yesterday from the “File - Update KNIME” option within the UI.

At startup it was sitting indefinitely at the splash screen, prior to the point where it shows “installed extensions” icons. CPU usage by KNIME.exe was fluctuating in the 50-65% area, causing the fan to come on full, and memory usage climbed steadily to around 6-7GB before stabilizing.

This was Windows 10.

I tried killing it and then rerunning using -clean but no joy. In the end I downloaded and extracted a new installation using the 4.7.1 zip and am running 4.7.1 from there. Obviously I then needed to re-install any extensions etc, and redo any mods I had made in the knime.ini (available memory).

On startup of the fresh 4.7.1, but with the same workspace, and what I assume would have been the same open tabs, memory usage has settled at around 550MB.

I left the old installation in case I ever have a “free” day where I can try to troubleshoot why it fails. Be good to know what the actual cause is, as clearly it isn’t happening to everybody.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.