KNIME AI Learnathons are here!

#KNIME #AI Learnathons are here!

Attend an AI Learnathon to:

• Join the stream :tv: to get an introduction to #KNIME before deepdiving in the new #LLM / #PromptEngineering / #ChatBot / #GenerativeAI features!

• Attend onsite :computer: to also learn in practice on your own laptop and meet the community of experts in your region!

No coding or KNIME experience is required!
Register before we run out of seats

6 Likes

This is brilliant news, thanks Paolo! :star_struck:

2 Likes

First event with 30 people onsite and 70 online!

Did you attend? Write your feedback here!

Off to Nottingham now!

I joined the livestream of the Nottingham event last night. This morning I’ve tried to use the provided workflows to build out the LLM and chatbot app but there is an issue with the OpenAI API key embedded in the workflow and it fails to authenticate. Is there a copy of the sample workflow with a valid key available?

Sending you now a key that you can use for the weekend.
The key will need to be pasted in the “Password” field in the Credentials Configuration node.

For having your own key with no limits, I suggest to put a few bucks and create your own keys at: https://platform.openai.com/api-keys

I would not encourage this if this was not incredibly cheap for text generation (especially for GPT-3).

Paolo

1 Like

Thanks for everyone for attending last night in Nottingham!
Here a few pictures!

1 Like

Pictures from the last AI Learnathon for 2023, this one took place in the Berlin KNIME Office.

Let us know if you have feedback!

3 Likes

Yesterday we broadcasted from the KNIME Berlin Studio a webinar on the GenAI Learnathon and teaching GenAI in general.

The recording should appear at this link, if you register you should get it by email!

slides available at tinyurl.com/TeachGenAI

2 Likes

The teaching package “GenAI Learnathon” is now available on the KNIME Educators Alliance Portal!

Find these buttons after logging in at knime.com/educators-alliance-portal

If you don’t have access make sure to apply to become a member (all for free)!
Scroll down at the KNIME Educators Alliance page at knime.com/educators

1 Like

Do you plan to host a public GenAI Learnathon in your region?

Co-host the learnathon via a Data Connect with KNIME official support!

Benefits:

• KNIME should be able to sponsor the refreshments

• Promotion of the event on the KNIME channels

• Temporary access to the KNIME Education Hub and OpenAI APIs credentials

Learn more and apply at:

1 Like

Hi Paolo,

yesterday I attended the webinar you offered. I found it of great interest to prepare similar examples and exercises in the classroom where I teach AI training. We have already worked with KNIME to develop some workflows with simple Linear Regression, Logistic Regression models and also another one with KNN.

Next semester I intend to work with LNP topics and I think that what you presented yesterday can be very useful for me to present it in the classroom.
Theoretically, I am a user of the educational portal but, when I try to retrieve the training pack, entering the link page, nothing appears on it.

Do you know if this is a one-off error or could it be due to some other cause?

Thanks for your time and congratulations for the webinar.

Jordi.

Hi there,
Great to hear you enjoyed the session!
I just added your account to the KNIME Educators Alliance.
Please visit again: knime.com/educators-alliance-portal
It should work now! Let me know here or via email (paolo.tamagnini@knime.com) if you have any questions.
Paolo

I am posting here a few questions we got yesterday during the webinar.

Are you providing the workflows that you are showing here?

Not all the workflows I showed during the webinar are published yet, but most of them are. You can check below at the following links:

The information fed into the workflow (pdf contains) is shared or kept within the client. i.e. ard they published anywhere? is there a data security protocol that can be applied?

This question seems to go beyond a teaching activity concern, but it is a valid one. To create a vector store you need to use an embedding model, depending on the embedding model selection you do upstream the data might be sent out to be vectorized or not. To keep things offline you should use the GPT4All Embeddings Connector node and connect it to the Vector Store Creator (Chroma or FAISS), this will make sure the scoring happens locally and no data is leaked outside of KNIME.

If I upload json file to knime, can i ask gen AI question on values and request it to plot graph

We do recommend using the Generic Echart node for this which does exactly that and offers help from an AI directly in the dialogue, you could however achieve a similar result by using an LLM Prompter node.

can you train or finetune an LLM with knime?

Train: definitely not something for low code, it is an expensive and long process.
Fine-tuning: not yet, but who knows, maybe soon :slight_smile: right @nemad ?

Is the learnathon available for Corporate groups too?

Yes! If you are teaching KNIME as an educators you should be able to join our educators alliance and access the private portal page (sign up here KNIME Educators Alliance | KNIME). Also consider the KNIME Certified Trainer program. If you are in a rush, the workflows (not the slides and notes) are publicly available on the KNIME Community Hub.

1 Like