Hello,
i have big trouble
I can no longer start knime
an error has occurred see the log file
I attach the log file
Can you help me ) Thanx
1646750668850.log (966.9 KB)

Hi @Charlie_001,

I’m not entirely sure what went wrong, but to get you back up and running as fast as possible, could you try a fresh installation from Download KNIME Analytics Platform | KNIME?

You can download the zip archive and extract it anywhere, without having to delete your current KNIME installation. With the new version, you should be able to select your current knime-workspace, which stores most settings and your workflows.

Kind regards
Marvin

Taking a closer look at the logs, it seems that the software was run on AdoptOpenJDK’s Java 8.

This may be the default OS Java installation. However, we require Java 11 to Run KNIME 4.4 and above (it looks like you are using version 4.5.1). We distribute a working Java version with KNIME, but maybe some Environment variable is being picked up or the knime.ini was changed. If a new version works for you, you can compare the knime.ini files in both of your KNIME installations. Maybe the -vm parameter was changed.

This may also be because it was updated using version 4.5 update sites, but the previously installed version was 4.3 or below.

We had a large under the hood change from 4.3 to 4.4 (including updating the Java version), so that an Update from 4.3 and below to 4.4 and above isn’t possible.

If the new version works for you, it may be simplest to continue using that. You will only need to reinstall extensions (KNIME will offer to download missing extensions for you).

Kind regards
Marvin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.