KNIME batch executor hangs

Hi everyone,

I am trying to execute KNIME workflow in a batch mode, first on Windows Server 2012 virtual machine, then I tried on a personal computer, but it doesn’t work. My command line looks like following:

“C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe” -consoleLog -reset -nosplash -preferences=“C:\Program Files\KNIME\preferences.epf” -data=“C:\Program Files\KNIME\batch_cmd_log.txt” org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=“C:\Users\xxxxxx\knime-workspace\Ispad_plocice_lossoflink_sched_test”

The issue with the command line is that KNIME opens interface every time (is it supposed to do so?) and then it hangs after two warnings and does nothing. I have no problem in executing workflows manually. Here is the part of the consoleLog:

!SESSION 2019-04-04 11:35:36.590 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_152
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
Framework arguments: -reset -preferences=C:\Program Files\KNIME\preferences.epf -data=C:\Program Files\KNIME\batch_cmd_log.txt org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=C:\Users\xxxxxx\knime-workspace\Ispad_plocice_lossoflink_sched_test
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -clean -consoleLog -reset -preferences=C:\Program Files\KNIME\preferences.epf -data=C:\Program Files\KNIME\batch_cmd_log.txt org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=C:\Users\xxxxx\knime-workspace\Ispad_plocice_lossoflink_sched_test

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2019-04-04 11:35:50.570
!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the ‘org.eclipse.ui.commands’ and ‘org.eclipse.ui.bindings’ extension point
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2019-04-04 11:35:50.577
!MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command: plug-in=‘org.knime.workbench.editor’, id=‘knime.commands.editor.gridSettings’
WARN KNIME-Worker-1 NewReleaseMessageInjector Could not modify intro page: connect timed out
WARN KNIME-Worker-2 TipsAndNewsInjector Could not modify intro page: connect timed out

…so after this part it’s just stuck and there are no results. Anbody see something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Your invocation appears to be missing the -application before the org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION (i.e ... -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION ... instead of ... org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION ...)

2 Likes

Ah, what a silly mistake :). Lost it somewhere between trials and errors. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.