Knime Component Source control repository/ Building / Testing

Hello Team,

I have some custom Knime components. Some of those components are also part of other Projects(non-knime code). Now, lets's say I am changing some Knime code inside eclipse-sdk, so I need to close the Knime window and rerun it again to see the latest change.

(1) How you people working in this scenerio ? Any build system you are following ? Maven way ?

(2)  Is Knime is having it's own source control & repository which will work well within Knime Eclipse environment, because we want to customize the Knime Core component for our requirement (e.g as mentioned in my first line that other projects can push or pull Knime separately).

(3) Is there any other alternatives ? What you people (Knime developers themselves & Knime Component developers themselves) are using while working on your project ?

(4) Is ther any simple testing framework available like Junit for beginners ?

Cheers :)

(1) How you people working in this scenerio ? Any build system you are following ? Maven way ?

I use Jenkins + buckminster to build my KNIME nodes for internal release. All the code is stored in SVN, we don't use Maven for our KNIME stuff but we do for other code.

(2)  Is Knime is having it's own source control & repository which will work well within Knime Eclipse environment, because we want to customize the Knime Core component for our requirement (e.g as mentioned in my first line that other projects can push or pull Knime separately).

Your best bet is to search the forum for this topic, there's been a lot of posts about this. It currently isn't easy to edit the KNIME core. I would assume there is a way to import / build a project from a source jar.

(3) Is there any other alternatives ? What you people (Knime developers themselves & Knime Component developers themselves) are using while working on your project ?

Alternatives to what?

(4) Is ther any simple testing framework available like Junit for beginners ?

To test a KNIME node you can use KNIME Testing framework (which appears to extend JUnit). You can test error messages, dialogs (open, save..?), check that the node outputs the expected result, handles missing values etc.