Knime core files consuming lot of space

Hi,

I’ve recognized that, while running Knime on an AWS WorkSpace (Power Linux 4vCPU 8 GB), sometimes crashes the whole machine.

The VM normally comes with 100 GB of space. I now recognized that the space was automatically expanded to 400 GB. Checking HD space consumption the knime application folder is of considerably size.

There are some “core” files that I assume are related to the crashes. I assume once disk space is full, which never happened to me on the Windows and Mac OS X, the machine becomes instable, force shut downs, expands the disk until space is consumed again.

Anyone got an idea what might happen? Debug log of the WorkSpace is running but so far no crash.

Thanks in advanced
Mike

Those are indeed files created after hard crashes of a process. Since they are almost never of any use, you can disable the creation of those core dump files.

5 Likes

For the AWS WorkStation I ended up with the following approach b following this tutorial:

Adding “udo vi /etc/sysctl.d/99-amazon.conf” to:
$ sudo vi /etc/sysctl.d/99-amazon.conf
$ sudo sysctl -p

Adding “‘ulimit -S -c 0 > /dev/null 2>&1’ >> /etc/profile” (pay attention to the '!)
$ sudo vi /etc/profile

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.