KNIME crashes after longer runtimes

Hi KNIME Team,

I am using KNIME 4.0.2 with MS SQL 2016 (and their own JDBC database driver) excessively. I realize that since KNIME 4.X.X (and preassumly due to the change to the new Java stack) the Analytics Platform is becoming instable after a longer runtimes (e.g. excessive calculations or if KNIME is open for a few days with fewer calculations).

If KNIME becomes instable, I receive messages for nodes that previously worked fine. The nodes will work fine as soon as I reboot the respective computer (Windows 10).

WARN String Manipulation (Variable) 11:195:173 Unable to compile expression
ERROR at line 58
AbstractSnippetExpression cannot be resolved to a type
Line : 57 import org.knime.ext.sun.nodes.script.expression.Abort;
Line : 58 public class Expression2771 extends AbstractSnippetExpression {
ERROR at line 63
Abort cannot be resolved to a type
Line : 62 @Override
Line : 63 public java.lang.String internalEvaluate() throws Abort {
ERROR at line 56
The import org.knime.ext.sun.nodes.script.expression cannot be resolved
Line : 55 import static org.knime.base.node.preproc.stringmanipulation.manipulator.UpperCaseManipulator.*;
Line : 56 import org.knime.ext.sun.nodes.script.expression.AbstractSnippetExpression;
ERROR at line 57
The import org.knime.ext.sun.nodes.script.expression cannot be resolved
Line : 56 import org.knime.ext.sun.nodes.script.expression.AbstractSnippetExpression;
Line : 57 import org.knime.ext.sun.nodes.script.expression.Abort;
ERROR at line 63
The method internalEvaluate() of type Expression2771 must override or implement a supertype method
Line : 62 @Override
Line : 63 public java.lang.String internalEvaluate() throws Abort {

Maybe this can be fixed in a later version of KNIME.

Thank you & best regards
linkm

Today I realized another interesting bug I would consider to “long runtimes”: The Microsoft SQL Server Connector node suddenly stops working whereas 2 seconds earlier, the same node was working completely fine (it was resetted and started in the same workflow for about ~1000 times in the same runtime):

ERROR Call Workflow (Table Based) 2:1369:1323 Execution failed in Try-Catch block: Failure, workflow was not executed, current state is IDLE.
Microsoft SQL Server Connector 10:1337:1664: Execute failed: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:55cbfd73-33b9-43e0-bf05-f31a03fb60f7
WARN Wait… 2:1377:228 Execution canceled

Hello linkm,
regarding the intermittent connection problems to MS SQL Server, they seem to appear when the Domain Controller has a lot of load which prevents the database from checking the users identity. You might want to have a look at these two posts that describe the same problem:

For the other problem can you please send me your KNIME log file via PM. I will send you one in a second so that you can reply with the log message.
Thanks
Tobias

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.