KNIME crashes when using the US2020 Census TIGER Map node

Hello,

@tobias.koetter

I found what I think is a bug using the US2020 Census TIGER Map node. It seems to work as designed for block groups, tracts, counties, states, and roads.

In my example, I chose the state of Delaware (state FIPS = 10), “*” for the county FIPS level, and “tabblock20” for the data type. Using these selections causes KNIME to crash. I had to restart my computer to open KNIME AP again.

I ran the node for “bg20” using state FIPS “48” (Texas) and “*” for counties, and it ran successfully. It appears that the error occurs only at the “tabblock” level.

Hello @johnvemery ,
I’m sorry to hear that. I tried to reproduce the problem and using the following settings:

but the node executed successfully on my Windows 10 machine.

Can you please tell me what operation system you are using and how much memory you have assigned to KNIME (see the -Xmx flag in your knime.ini file in your KNIME installation folder) . What would also help is if you could send us the log file that KNIME creates in such a case. You can find the log file in your KNIME installation folder and looks like this hs_err_pid<number>.log
Thanks a lot for your help in finding the problem.
Bye
Tobias

@tobias.koetter,

Here are my details:

• Windows 10
  • -Xmx 9000m

I have attached the log file as well.

I hope this helps!
hs_err_pid12728.log (81.2 KB)

Hello @johnvemery,
thanks for the info. We are looking into the problem and will get back to you.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

Hello @johnvemery ,
we have found the problem. Unfortunately the node has problems with columns that contain only missing values and this particular settings return such as column. We are working on a fix for this problem (internal ticket AP-19916). I will keep you posted when the fix will be available.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.