KNIME Data Talks - Lab Data - April 22, 2021

Many life science companies have large digitalization initiatives, which include a focus on laboratory data. However, challenges such as inconsistent infrastructures, poor or lacking integration interfaces, and varied personal skill sets make it difficult to both implement these initiatives and realize the promised benefits (e.g. improved experimental reproducibility, reduction in errors, increased productivity, etc.).

In this online event we bring together a group of experts to discuss and demonstrate how KNIME can help to tackle these challenges. The event is cohosted with KNIME event partner SiLA.

We’ll look at analyzing and integrating diverse data (e.g., images, assay, or spectra), enriching such data through contextualization, and talk about how KNIME can help ease user adoption and facilitate the automation of laboratory processes by integrating laboratory standards.

Rewatch here

NOTE: This online event is being held on Thursday April 22, 2021 at 3 PM - 5 PM UTC +2 (Berlin) which is 8 AM - 10 AM UTC -5 (Chicago).

Agenda Overview

Check-in
Join early for polling and a sneak peek behind the scenes.

Welcome
Jeanette Prinz – KNIME

The Value of End-to-End Lab Automation
Rob Harkness – Biosero

How SiLA Supports Open Interoperability in the Laboratory
Patrick Courtney – Standardization in Lab Automation (SiLA) Consortium

Measurement of Cell Density with KNIME and SiLA for Cell-culture
Michael Koeppl – Hit Discovery Constance GmbH

Using KNIME to FAIRify Data
Alice Krebs – KNIME

Chemometrics with KNIME – Analysis of NIR Data
Miriam Mathea – BASF SE

Challenges in Lab Digitization Efforts (Panel Discussion)
Alice Krebs – KNIME
Mireille Krier – Merck KGaA
Miriam Mathea – BASF SE
Michael Koeppl – Hit Discovery Constance GmbH
Patrick Courtney – SiLA Consortium
Rob Harkness – Biosero

Use this thread to ask questions about the event. Afterwards we’ll be posting a selection of questions from the Q&A session here too. We hope you find it useful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello. In the NIR Preprocessing workflow, how is the Wavelength column created? I don’t see it in the input table.

Thanks

Shedding Light: NIR Analysis with KNIME | KNIME

Hi @Feeburn and welcome to the forum. Glad to see you are finding this Data Talk of interest!

I will tag @Alice_Krebs to see if she can answer your question (or knows who else might be able to).

1 Like

Hi @Feeburn

The wavelength basically hides in the RowID column of the input table. In the “Data Cleaning” Metanode, the wavelength gets extracted from the RowID using a String Manipulation node, converted to integer and appended as new column:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Alice_Krebs , Alice could we set up some time that you could give me guidance how to get this dataset set up ? I have multiple targets that need modeling and I need some help. Is there a way to hire help by the hour or by the project?
Regards,
Hep (aka feeburn)