KNIME Explorer "refresh the view" button doesn't

Dear Knimers,

On my Ubuntu 20.04 machine, when I copy a a workflow folder from somewhere else into my knime-workspace directory, the KNIME Explorer “Refresh the view” button does not make it appear in the list. I have to restart Knime to make it appear.

Best
Aswin

Hi Aswin,

thanks for pointing that out. The same is true with KNIME 4.4 under Windows. However, when I delete a workflow and refresh, it is marked with a question mark, so at least some file changes are registered. I will ask whether this is expected behavior or a bug.

Kind regards
Marvin

1 Like

Dear Marvin,

Thank you. For completeness, I am still on KNIME 4.3.

Best
Aswin

1 Like

Hi @Aswin

can you try refreshing after selecting the workspace or by right clicking the workspace → refresh?

It seems the refresh button only refreshes whatever is selected in the explorer.

I’ve opened a ticket (internal reference: AP-17296) for development. I’m guessing this either has an easy fix or there is a reason for this behavior.

Kind regards
Marvin

2 Likes

If I may ask – what is your use-case for this? Do you have multiple KNIME versions running at the same time using the same workflow repository? Or is your workflow repository on a shared drive?

Selecting the workspace and then refreshing works! Thank you! Maybe changing the tooltip from “refresh the view” to “refresh the selected item” would already be sufficient.

My use-case: I have a separate drive with old workflows that I almost never use any more - almost. Last monday I wanted to look at one of these old workflows, so I copied the workflow from the external drive to my normal KNIME workspace folder. I tried to make this workflow appear in the KNIME explorer by simply clicking the refresh button, but that did not work.

Best
Aswin

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Aswin,

With KNIME 4.5 we did just that. Behold, the all improved tooltip. My favorite part of KNIME 4.5 :smiley:

On a more serious note, thanks for the awesome feedback and suggestions. Especially the little things are easily missed. :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Marvin

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.