KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats License

Hello,

On the website, the license for the KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats is listed as GPL 3, but if I go to install the extension, I’m prompted to accept a different license.

Is someone from the KNIME team able to clarify which license governs this extension?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @sforesti,

When I try to instal the extension, I am asked to accept the same GPL3 license for the KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats extension. If it is not the same for you, can you please share the screenshot of the license which is being prompted for you?

Also, can you confirm if you are using Windows or Mac also the KNIME version?

Best,
Keerthan

1 Like

Hi @k10shetty1,

Thanks so much for getting back to me!

I am using Windows, and I’m only being prompted to accept the “License of Microsoft Redistributable Feature.”

Kind regards

Dear @sforesti,

that is an interesting question.

KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats has GPL3. From my understanding you installed before this extension some other extension, where you accepted GPL3 already. Thus, you have not been prompted to accept that license again.

Now KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats has dependencies on other plugins (i.e. it needs other pieces to be installed, too). One of them (KNIME Extension for Big Data Commons on Windows) has a different license. Your latest screenshot shows that KNIME Extension for Big Data Commons on Windows asks for this different license. So the KNIME Analytics Platform asks you to accept all licenses associated to the extension and its dependencies, if you have not accepted them before already (e.g. during installation of another extension).

Does that make sense already?

Best regards
Steffen

2 Likes

Thanks @k10shetty1 and @steffen_KNIME! This clears up my question.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.