Knime flow design layout

Is there a way design the layout of a workflow so the nodes don’t keep going on horizontally?

I’m sure that I could fit my workflow on one page, so the user don’t have to scroll to the right to see the whole flow. Is there a way to maybe put the connecting points at the top and bottom of each node to save space?

Hi there!

You can use Metanodes to organize your workflows and save space. Don’t quite understand where connecting points should be in order to gain space…

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan, thanks for your reply.
For the connecting points, they are only to the left and right of the node, so when you create a work flow, the flow will move from left to right.
If nodes could be connected at the top and bottom (have connection points), the flow can move vertically, as well as horizontally, saving space.

Hi there!

I see now what you mean with connecting points. For them being bottom is a bit tricky as there is traffic light. Being top is also not handy as there is Node name which can be omitted though… Maybe feature to rotate node could do the trick :slight_smile:

Btw here is how you can build vertically. Not the fastest way but it works :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

That’s fantastic, thank you for the advice. Normally I use the curved lines, what you’ve shown above looks great!

1 Like