Knime Loading Error

Knime 4.5.1. I’m getting the error message below. It usually happens if I load Knime, shut it down and then try to relaod. A reboot usually, but not always fixes the problem.

2022-02-06_16-41-52

@rfeigel first I would try to do a fresh installation. Then you might give us more information about your system and also the file system and environment KNIME runs on and a log file on debug level

If I do a fresh install, will I lose my preferences or installed nodes?

@rfeigel you can save your preferences and import them again.

The packages and nodes you will have to re-install, though you can also save a list of what you have installed.

Typically KNIME workflows would prompt you to install missing nodes and packages, you might have to have the right update sites configured.

https://www.knime.com/knime-store-preferences

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply. Would be nice if I could do an “update” rather than a fresh install.

@rfeigel yes of course you can also do a update if one is available - question is if that would solve the problem when it might be a problem with the installation. Often it is something about the file system or access rights that might be a problem.

A new installation might just be the first step in understanding the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.