KNIME Protokoll has problems with Access-DB

Hi,

I wanted to connect to my access DB which is on the Server-repository. So I used the KNIME Protokoll as you see but it seems not to work with the Database connector. Is it a syntax error or the KNIME Protokoll doesn’t work with DB Connector?

he address is coorect, i used the copy location option.

Thank you,
Roberto

Hi Roberto,
I suspect this is not possible as it also does not work with other file-based databases such as SQLite and H2. What you could do instead is this: use a List Files on the folder that contains your database, using the appropriate filter criteria to only include REST_Nodes.accdb. Then use a Table Row to Variable to turn the resolved URL in the output table into a variable and use that variable in your Microsoft Access Connector’s location setting.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hallo Alexander,

thank you for the fast answer. I tried your solution but also the list Files node has a similar Problem.
If I Used the KNIME Protocol I have the error in attachment.With the normal complete paths it works.

May be that also with “list files” knime protocol has a Problem ?

Thank you,
Roberto

Hi,
I tried the KNIME protocol on my server and it works fine. But looking at your dialog, the URL seems strange. The knime protocol can only be used to access files and folders in the workflow repository, so if your file is in there, you have to use knime://knime-server/SharedMetanodes/FEDER/REST, where knime-server is the correct mount point id for that server.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi,

I tried to test the solution above in my workflow on Local Path, and on a Workflow on the server as local copy (should be the same) and I have always the same error.
If try to acces knime://knime.workflow/ than I acces to data on the LOCAL repository, what it means that the knime Protocol for LOCAL files works.

Hier is the Property of my server, and at the bottom the server mount ID what I also used in the adresss Knime://knime-server-mount-ID/SharedMetanodes/FEDER/REST with the same error.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Roberto

Hi Roberto,
I have asked our database expert about it and I hope he gets back to me or directly to you with a response soon. Another thing you may try: use the Download node to download the accdb file into your workflow, then use a List Files node to resolve the path and finally use that path in your connector. This might be the best way to do this, as it is entirely possible that the MS Access Connector cannot access remote database files at all. It’s also that way for SQLite and H2.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Edit: @tobias.koetter confirmed that the knime protocol does not work with Access DB because the DB driver needs to open the file directly and is not independent of the protocol. Using the download node could work, but be aware that this is only feasible for a read-only scenario, as other people’s changes may be lost if you upload the accdb file again after changing it.

1 Like