KNIME Reporting extension throws an exception in batch mode. Unable to generate reports

Hi community. It looks like the new KNIME reporting extension released in KNIME 5 does not work in batch mode. Here is a way to replicate the issue with the minimal viable example workflow

From a windows command prompt, run:

“C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe” -consoleLog -reset -noexit -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowFile=“C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Reporting minimal example.knwf”

It gives this output:

INFO     main BatchExecutor      ===== Executing workflow C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Reporting minimal example.knwf =====
ERROR    KNIME-Worker-4-Component Output 3:3:0:4 ReportPortObject        java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Executing script failed with timeout. The script is: 'return (document.readyState == 'complete');'
ERROR    KNIME-Worker-4-Component Output 3:3:0:4 ReportPortObject        java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Executing script failed with timeout. The script is: 'return (document.readyState == 'complete');'
INFO     main BatchExecutor      Workflow execution done Finished in 33 secs (33990ms)
INFO     main BatchExecutor      Saved workflow availabe at: C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Reporting minimal example.knwf
INFO     main BatchExecutor      ============= Workflow executed sucessfully ===============

If you open the .knwf after the run you can see that the reporting node failed to generate the report.

We are seeing similar issues on other workflows but only in batch mode. Using the GUI they execute successfully. This is in 5.2.0. Can anyone assist?

I really need a solution to this. Please help if you can

@Camderman106

That is probably a bug in batch mode.

1 Like

Thank you very much for tagging me. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. If only this had been picked up sooner it would have saved a lot of headaches

1 Like

Hi @Camderman106

Good news here. Check it out.

1 Like

Hi @tymsk3891
I tried this but its not working for me. See this post for details:

Hi @Camderman106

I confirm that you have already solved the issue.

Regards,

1 Like