KNIME Server Executor update issues

Hi, I’m attempting to upgrade a KNIME Server Executor instance from version 3.7 to 4.0. I have already updated the server .war file successfully (to server version 4.9.1).

My server instance does not have GUI or internet access. I am attempting to run

./update-rmi.sh 'jar:file:/usr/org.knime.update.analytics-platform_4.0.1.zip!/' 'jar:file:/usr/palladian40.zip!/'

In order to update both the standard executor nodes and Palladian nodes. However, when doing so I am receiving errors of the form

Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.

I have attached a sample log file. I’ve tried to uninstall specific feature groups but removing one group appears just to produce conflicts with a new group. In short, it appears that update-rmi is unable to update most nodes from 3.7 to 4.1. Is this the expected behaviour? I haven’t seen it mentioned in the update guide. I’m guessing that I may need to reinstall the server executor from scratch, but I’m trying to resist doing that unless absolutely necessary.

Much appreciate any assistance.

1568349433485.log (16.7 KB)

Hi @andrew.dun,

Going from AP 3.7 to 4.0, the official recommendation is to do a fresh install of the executor, rather than an update. There were some pretty major changes, so to usual update procedure is not supported for this release (as evidenced by the problems you are seeing).

Unfortunately, this piece of information is currently missing in the update guide. We will change this asap, please excuse the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Roland

Thanks @RolandBurger

I’ve gone ahead and completed a fresh installation of the server executor. All is working okay now.

2 Likes