Knime server general question login

Hi,

I have a basic question to KNIME server. With a license you have 5 separate logins. Is it possible to setup one login which has access exclusively to the webportal and not to the Knime frontend? I want that data and desicion logic is not available for some users.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Alkaline,
it is possible but you have to give the user read access to all folders that contain workflows they are allowed to execute, then explicitly give them only execute rights on the workflows themselves.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Hi @Alkaline,
There is another, probably better way: in the knime-server.config file of KNIME Server you can also mark people as consumers instead of users:

com.knime.server.login.consumer.allowed_accounts =<account>,<account>,…​ 

That way you don’t waste a real user account for someone who only consumes. Thanks @Iris for reminding me!
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi,

thank you for the quick reply. So for the first scenario, a user can download KNIME and login with it´s credentials and then can see the folder, but cannot open the workflow or download the files?

For the second scenario I create login credentails and then switch in the settings the account to an “consumer only” account. This account will not be able login within KNIME software?

Best regards

Hi,
Yes, that is correct. The first case only makes sense if the user should also be able to see and open workflows in some folders and only execute others. If they should only execute, go with option 2.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Thank you for the explanation.