KNIME Server - how to read/get deployed Workflow meta data like "Last uploaded date" or "version"

For each workflow execution I would like to capture workflow information in a DB but how to read/get deployed Workflow meta data like “Last uploaded date” or “version”

You can see some helpful information via REST API. You can send a GET request to http://your-knime-server/knime/rest/v4/repository/path/to/your/workflow.

The easiest way to explore the API is by having a look at the swagger ui. In KNIME explorer just right click a workflow on your server and click “Show API definition”.

Hi @marten_kose,

Is there any way to get the meta data via the KNIME Mountpoint Connector?

Cheers,
Stiefel

Hi @Residentstiefel,

Is there a reason you would specifically want to get the meta data via the KNIME Mountpoint Connector node?

I would usually recommend getting the meta data manually from within a workflow by going to the File-> Export → Export Workflow Summary option. With this you also have the option to save all execution and library information. The XML file is then available for storing or further processing.

Here are some example workflows of getting meta data:

1. Collect Workflow Information from KNIME Server REST API – KNIME Hub
  2. Generate Workflow Metadata Overview Report – KNIME Hub

Cheers,
Dash

2 Likes

Hi @dash_brookhart,

We are currently looking into a systematic approach, to collect meta data from all workflows deployed on the server in a specific mountpoint (e.g., which datasources are used). Since we are on a large KNIME Server, with alot of repositories and users and different access rights, it is only possible for us to access our own mountpoint. REST API unfortunately is not accessible for us (yet), because of the above mentioned setup.

I figured now out, how we can leverage the mountpoint connector, utilizing the integrated deployment package. This way, I can connect to our mountpoint and run through all workflows via workflow reader and collect meta data information, in particular the DB Connector and DB Table Reader nodes.

Cheers,
Stiefel

Here would be a snapshot of the Workflow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Residentstiefel,

Thank you for the explanation and sharing the snippet of the workflow you created! That’s a neat solution using the integrated deployment package with the Mountpoint Connector node.

Please feel free to reach out again if you have any additional questions!

Cheers,
Dash

1 Like