KNIME Server Output

Hi everyone,

I have a KNIME Server on Azure. I want to write KNIME Server output to a specific url. Consider, there is a workflow generates a table. So, I want to add this tabla to a specific url. I wonder that is this operation possible, or not?

Any help would be appreciated,

Best,

Kerem

Hi Kerem,

in general, this should be possible. Can you provide more information on the system you want to write the table to? Do you just want to write a file back to the server repository or to another system?
There are different possibilities depending on the target system/location.

Best,
Julian

1 Like

Hi Julian,

Firstly, thanks for the instant response.

Sure. Consider that we have a workflow generates and then updates a table everyday. If we want to push this output i.e table generated by the workflow to a website, can we do that?

Hi Kerem,

I guess that depends a bit on how you want to deploy it and what kind of website you mean. I’m just writing down some ideas now, but feel free to clarify in your next post. :slight_smile:

Option A) There is already a website (your website) where you want to display the table. You could upload the table to the server the website is running on. For instance, using SSH Connector/FTP Connector/… and then any Writer node to write the file to that location. The website would then need to display the table.

Option B) You want to upload the table to another website that is not necessarily yours and the table should be used as an input to do another task. In this case you could check whether the website provides any API and you could push the table e.g. using the REST Integration. The POST Request node could contain the table as a request header which will then be pushed to a specific REST endpoint.

Option C) You want to deploy the table as via the WebPortal. In this case, you can build a workflow that visualizes the workflow using a Table View node and upload this workflow to the KNIME Server and run it on the WebPortal to allow others to have a look at the table without needing to know the workflow behind it.

These are just a few options, so as I’ve said before, it depends a bit on the specific use case, but I hope this helps already.

Best,

Julian

1 Like

Thanks Julian! I will try these options :slight_smile:

Best,

Kerem