KNIME sharing

Is it possible to share one KNIME installation on a server with other user? Every user assumes to have his own work space and access to his local HD files.

0 Likes

Shared Workspace in Dropbox

If you mean: can two users log in to the same machine with a single KNIME application installed and each run that application at the same time? Then yes, as long as they have different workspace directories.

1 Like

Sounds good. How those users will manage default location? Say they do not suppose to see each other work space.

0 Likes

On a user’s first launch of KNIME, they will be presented with an option to choose a directory location for their workspace - which defaults to a directory in their home directory.

0 Likes

Thank you quaeler. Do you think users will not be able to switch to other user directory?

0 Likes

That depends on the system administration of the machine and/or network-users policy; if the user accounts are configured so that a user can not read another user’s home directory, then no.

1 Like

Excellent.

0 Likes

1 -What about configuring a central installation that still allows us to use individual extensions? I want users to share the central installation but each user be able to install their own extensions and I don’t want to see other users extensions…
2 - I also want that users don’t get asked about their default workspace, so they won’t mess up with other directories, let’s say every user will have their default workspace on C:\Users\username\worskpace.

0 Likes

Knime sharing (next)
closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes