KNIME shows R version 3.5.0 although installed 3.6.0

Hi all,

I am having the same issue as dgoebel posted in Jul2019: KNIME shows R version 3.5.0 although installed 3.6.0

@dgoebel wondered if and how you resolved this? Or what @Mark_Ortmann suggests as the resolution?

I have uninstalled R 3.6.2 and KNIME 4.1.1 , restarted PC, reinstalled both of these but I get the same issue.

R path: C:\Program Files\R\R-3.6.2

I keep getting the following error: " R Version 3.5.0 and Rserve <= 1.8-6 currently have issues preventing their full use in KNIME. A future release of R and/or Rserve may fix these issues."

Then when running a script I then get “ERROR R to Table 2:794 Execute failed: Could not detach connection to R, could leak objects to other workspaces.”

Any help much appreciated!

Marina

@rinawm,

welcome to the community. Could you run R and post the output of the following commands

library(“Rserve”)
R.home()
sessionInfo()

Best,
Mark

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

Thanks for prompt reply.

R.home()
[1] “C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-36~1.2”

R.home()
[1] “C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-36~1.2”
sessionInfo()
R version 3.6.2 (2019-12-12)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18362)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_United Kingdom.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

other attached packages:
[1] Rserve_1.7-3.1

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
[1] compiler_3.6.2 tools_3.6.2

Not sure if it helps but in the KNIME R Snippet I ran:

version[‘version.string’]
_
version.string R version 3.6.2 (2019-12-12)

Very confused…! Hope you can help!

Marina

I think it is highly recommended that you install RServe 1.8.6 on your machine, which is not as easy as one would think, my last successful attempt went like this:

Maybe you start with that if this does not help there could be more links to explore.

3 Likes

Thanks @mlauber71! I hope I’m nearly there!

I followed the instructions in your post (how to import tables from .docx documents via R snippet) and seems to have resolved the issue!

Such a faff! Thank you ever so much!

Marina

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.