Knime Tableau integration problems

Hi guys,

I’m trying to configure the Tableau/Knime integration following these instructions:

But when I try to configure the “Send to Tableau Server” node, I face the following error:

WARN Send to Tableau Server 0:13 No configuration available
WARN Send to Tableau Server 0:13 javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSLHandshakeException invoking https://emea.tableau.intranet.cnb/api/2.8/auth/signin: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

What is missing?

Thanks!

Roberto

Hello @bermq,

have you seen this topic?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I read it but it’s hard to understand what I have to do…

Hi @bermq,

Sadly I can’t test this myself to compile a complete and easy list of instructions. Here is what I got from the posts on how it should work:

1. Export the SSL certificate of your Tableau Server to a file:
    In Google Chrome, visit your Tableau Server, press on the lock icon next to the URL, view the certificate and there is an option to export it. (I am not sure about the file format to choose (or if it matters). If the default does not work, try to use other formats, and please report which has worked, so I can update my instructions for other users.)
  2. Move the file to C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.152-01\jre\Lib\Security\tableau-server.crt (Adapt the folder if KNIME is installed at another location)
  3. Open the CMD and change to the folder from above:
    cd "C:\Program Files\KNIME\plugins\org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.152-01\jre\Lib\Security"
  4. Run keytool -import -alias ca -file tableau-server.crt -keystore cacerts -storepass changeit and type Yes to trust the certificate.

Please report if this worked for you or if something is unclear or has not worked. I will try to update the instructions.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.